Student Senate Members
Project Name: Student UnConference
Resources: Unconference SessionsOn Thursday, April 17, the Student Senate at Yarmouth High School sponsored an UnConference.
- Students would sign up for sessions (since this was the first time they tried it, they thought it might be helpful to get an idea of what students were interested in)
- Each advisory group had to have a minimum of one pitch for a session.
- The person or persons who pitched the session are the facilitators.
- The facilitator comes up with 2 guiding questions and one other source for the discussion and submits them ahead of time.
- A teacher should be present in the room that the session was taking place.
- Teachers can participate in the discussion if they want to.
- Every student has to participate, even if they have open campus.
- At the beginning of the UnConference period, all students go to advisor period. Advisors hand out the schedules (students do not know what session they are in until they get there).
Here are the sessions that were proposed. Because there were so many good ones, the Senate decided to run 2 sessions. It was probably a lot more work, but they were happy they did it.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete