Teacher: Grade 9 Team
Subject: Social Studies, Science, Math, English
Project Name: Power of One ProjectResources: Power of One Website
Hunger and food insecurity impacts people in our own communities and around the world. Students at Yarmouth High School will learn about the issues of hunger, and develop projects that can make a difference. Projects are open-ended. There is no one pathway for making a difference. Through the work, students will:
- Collaborate with peers and adults
- Plan and implement a long-term project
- Engage in discourse around social change
- Model Yarmouth Core Values including caring and citizenship:
- Caring - Caring people show concern for the well-being of themselves, others and the environment.
- Citizenship - Responsible citizens contribute to the community locally and globally in active, positive, and creative ways and encourage the participation of others through cooperation and contribution.