Teachers: Chris Hill
Project Name: AP Environmental Science Holiday Sculpture
You and 2 other students will be constructing a holiday sculpture made out of material that you would otherwise throw away. This sculpture will be on display in the YHS library for the month of December. The sculpture must be handmade, with nothing pre-constructed, and include the following:
* Every part must be made of trash or previously used products. Nothing 'new' can be included in the structure. (note: the library does have old books and magazines)
* Have some sort of holiday theme that is clearly apparent in its structure. Examples may include, but are not limited to: Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, New Year, etc.
* Be self-standing with a base of some sort.
* No food items may be used.
* Have a maximum height of 3 feet.
* A short, typed, informative paragraph explaining the purpose and vision behind the construction of your sculpture must be included, separately.
* The use of 'new' nails, glue, staples, etc. can be used to put your sculpture together.* Most of all, be creative and have fun!